Polish studio The Astronauts was founded by former developers Painkiller and Bulletstorm ahead of the Early Access release of fantasy roguelite shooter Witchfire answered to the most popular questions from players.
First, the developers have confirmed this outside of the Epic Games Store (we’re talking about it). “Other PC platforms”) the game appears “in about a year”. Sooner or later the release of the Witchfire version on consoles is planned.
Second will be the duration of early access “About a year and maybe a few more months”. It is unclear whether the release of the full version of Witchfire, like Darkest Dungeon II, will coincide with the release on Steam or whether the authors will follow the path of the makers of Hades.
Third, at the launch of Witchfire Early Access – taking place exclusively on the Epic Games Store on September 20th – The Astronauts promises enough content that buyers won’t feel cheated. The game will cost $40.
The creators of Witchfire are also planning regular updates (their schedule will be revealed later). Don’t expect to add a co-op (but there’s a chance) but developers are still leaning toward the New Game+.
Fourth, at the start of Early Access, the developers revealed what to expect from Witchfire:
- two maps roughly the size of The Disappearance of Ethan Carter;
- RPG elements – inventory, unlocking skills, well-developed universe;
- pumping character between races;
- controller support;
- field of view controller;
- the ability to interrupt the action by entering the menu – you are not allowed to leave the game during the race, and then continue from the same place;
- an option to turn off indicators of damage received from enemies;
- the function of fixing the visor in the center of the screen;
- technology support DLSS 3 and Reflex by NVIDIA.
According to the plot, a deadly war is raging between powerful witches and the church. With the help of an ungodly arsenal and forbidden magic, players assume the role of an altar armed with sorcerers from the Vatican to face the dark horrors.