Developer of Asobo Studio released The ninth content update in the World Update series for Microsoft Flight Simulator. The free patch improved the Italy and Malta areas.
Microsoft Flight Simulator version 184.108.40.206 is required to install the update. The improvements were shown in a three-minute trailer.
Mainly innovations and changes:
- four handcrafted airports: Palermo (Sicily), Sondrio (South Tyrol), Bolzano (South Tyrol), Marina di Campo (Elba);
- increase the detail of hundreds of other airports;
- new photogrammetry based on satellite imagery for 13 cities including Rome, Naples, Venice, Milan and Turin;
- 94 Sights in Italy including the Vatican, Castel del Monte, St. Mark’s Basilica in Venice, Santa Maria del Fiore in Florence, Milan Cathedral, Piazza dei Miracoli in Pisa, the Capo Caccia Lighthouse on the Sardinian coast, the Triumphal Arch of Constantine, the Pantheon and the Olympic Stadium in Rome, the Allianz Stadium in Turin and the Diego Armando Maradona (San Paolo) in Naples, Isola Bella, Fort Bard and the Matterhorn;
- 11 places to visit in Malta, including the city of Mdina, the Cathedral of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary (Mosta Rotunda), St. Agatha’s Tower in Meliha and the National Stadium of Malta in the village of Ta’Kali;
- three professional flights (Apennines, Sardinia, Sicily);
- three sightseeing flights (Reggio di Calabria, Palermo Falcone-Borsellino airport, Genoa Sestri airport);
- three landing attempts (Venice, Rome, Florence).
Traditionally, the release of the world update coincides with the release of a new vehicle from the Local Legends series. May 19 in the in-game store will appear The Italian double-hull Savoia-Marchetti S.55 (Savoia-Marchetti S.55) flying boat is one of the first aircraft to cross the Atlantic.
This is the third virtual world update in 2022. The previous one, released in March, was dedicated to Portugal, Spain, Andorra and Gibraltar, and the February edition was dedicated to Australia. In a recently published road map The developers have indicated that the tenth World Update will be released in mid-June (the content is still unknown).
Last week the authors announced that on the 25th. Then the release came Ninth technical update with bug and crash fixes. Previously, the creators confirmed that the simulator will be expanded to include gliders and helicopters in the fall, and NVIDIA DLSS support for DirectX 12 mode by the end of the year.
Microsoft Flight Simulator is available for PC, Xbox Series X and S. The game is available on Xbox Game Pass and Xbox Cloud Gaming.