Microsoft publishing house and development studio Double Fine Productions have unveiled the first video in a new series of Basic Braining, dedicated to the upcoming release of the action-adventure platformer Psychonauts 2.
The debut episode of Basic Braining tells the story of a group of trainees whom the main character of Psychonauts 2 – the acrobat-psychic Razputin who has joined the psychonauts – meets at the headquarters of the organization.
There are six such characters in total:
- Lizzie – Norma’s mischievous sister, uses cryogenesis;
- Norma – Lizzie’s well-read sister, uses pyrokinesis;
- Sam is Dogen’s sister from the first part;
- Gisu – Engineer and Skater
- Morris is a levitation expert and radio connoisseur;
- Adam is the Loremaster at the Psychonauts’ Headquarters.
Recall that in Psychonauts 2, players will have to prevent the insidious villain Maligula from returning from the dead, traveling, as in the first part, through the minds of other characters.
Psychonauts 2 will go on sale on August 25 this year for PC (Steam, Microsoft Store), PS4, Xbox One, Xbox Series X and S. Last Friday, the game went gold – no release postponements are expected.