Developer of the British studio Mediatonic uncovered Details on the second season of the shareware multiplayer arcade game Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout. The new chapter of Satellite Scramble begins on September 15th.
In the new season, the residents of Blunderdome will leave their home planet for the first time and set out to explore the galaxy. Satellite Scramble adds new themed levels, obstacles, challenges, costumes (Spock from Star Trek, Xenomorph and Hatsune Miku) and a Battle Pass with rewards including over a hundred levels.
The authors also presented a cinematic trailer for Satellite Scramble and a “live” video showing a bean being launched into space.
The chapter will offer the following tests:
- Tiptoe Final – Up to four teams attempt to reach the crown in the center of the arena without slipping down.
- Starchart – move along invisible tracks with clues in the form of star signals;
- Pixel Painters – you need to step on the tiles according to the given drawings.
- Cosmic Highway – jump on rows of moving platforms;
- Hyperdrive Heroes – you need to stay on the board and move in circles;
- Hex-a-terrestrial – movement on platforms hanging in space;
- Space Race is a space analogue of the classic arcade game Gauntlet;
- Frantic Factory is a one-to-one shareware variant of Button Bashers.
At the Season Kick-Off event, players will be offered to repair a satellite in exchange for a nameplate, backpack, and other rewards.
The season countdown restarted on June 21 with the release of the Free For All chapter, marking Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout’s transition to shareware. At the same time, the game became available on PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, S and Nintendo Switch with full support for crossplay and progression transfer between platforms, and the PC version was moved from Steam to Epic game store. The arcade is now published by Epic Games (previously Devolver Digital was responsible for marketing support and distribution). In the first 48 hours, the shareware option attracted 20 million users, and two weeks after launch, their number surpassed 50 million.
The original Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout was released on PC and PlayStation 4 on August 4th, 2020, ending in December of the same year 11 million units. In the future, the game will be ported to Android and iOS.