Larian Studios’ fantasy role-playing game Baldur’s Gate 3 has received its fourth major patch without warning. The update was so large that the list of changes didn’t even fit in it Steam release.
According to Larian, Baldur’s Gate 3’s fourth patch contains more than 1,000 fixes, adjustments and changes. The full list can be found at Games websiteand we will introduce you to the most important ones.
Larian lists the main features of the update:
- the ability to customize the appearance of mercenaries;
- Mode for people with color blindness (protanopia, deuteranopia, tritanopia);
- the ability to send dead avatars to Withers’ wardrobe of wayward friends. Withers will now also begin to explain how the wardrobe works;
- The dog Shkryab can now be brought to the player “almost everything”and his ball will be harder to lose;
- Licking a piece of spider meat in the Challenge Ball dungeon can now poison you;
- Using a sponge and soap, the user can now wash off dirt, blood and clown makeup and eliminate unpleasant odors (in-game).
In addition, Mintara, Halsina, Shadowheart, Laezel and Karlach have new animations in the camp, combat rounds are now displayed under separate headings in the combat log and the game should be more stable.
The developers continue to work on improving the performance of Baldur’s Gate 3:
- Additional performance improvements and optimizations have been implemented throughout the game.
- Lighting in the lower city has been optimized;
- Interface performance has been improved (tasks are now executed in parallel where possible);
- Loading time has been reduced after selecting the Bravely Into Battle option as there is less lag when creating portraits.
- Improved performance when playing the same animation multiple times (e.g. ships in the distance);
- Improved performance in crowded areas.
The fourth patch includes, among other things, fixes of crashes and critical bugs, adjustments to scripts and balance in all three acts, improvements when playing with a controller, level design, interface, sound, visual effects and so on.
Baldur’s Gate 3 is available on PC (Steam, GOG) and PS5 and will be released on Xbox Series X and S by the end of the year (without local co-op on Xbox Series S). The studio will also continue to work on fixes and improvements to the game.