IGN website divided A 20 minute video demonstrating the gameplay of the Sifu melee action from Sloclap Studio in the new arena mode. The latter will be available on March 28th with the release of a free content update.
Arenas offers the following:
- five modes:
- “Capture” – players must eliminate enemies without leaving the designated area;
- “Survival” – battles with waves of opponents;
- “Pursuit” (manhunt) – a fight with an opponent protected by bodyguards;
- “Time Attack” – you have to move quickly through the level while eliminating enemies;
- “Effective combat” (Performance) – you need to use the most effective techniques and long combinations to earn as many points as possible.
- nine arenas;
- 45 challenges with different modifiers.
- the ability to unlock new moves, cheats, and exclusive skins.
In the video, an IGN employee demonstrated passing three tests in the first arena. In one of them there is no way to block enemy attacks, and enemies deal double damage, in the other you need to earn as many combo points as possible, and in the third, with each block, time slows down like in the Matrix , while health is not restored and it is not allowed to use weapons.
On the same day the update is released, the game will be available on Xbox One, Xbox Series X and S, and Xbox steam.
Sifu was released on PC in February 2022 (Epic game store), PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 and was released on the Nintendo Switch in November. In the first three days, the action film attracted 500,000 users, and a month after its release, sales surpassed 1 million copies.
Game rating for metacritical varies between 71 and 81 out of 100 points depending on the platform. In a review for 3DNews, Mikhail Ponomarev gave the action an 8 out of 10 and named it “spectacular, brutal and tense”But “without strong climax”.
Since the release, the developers have added a lot of new features to the game, including the ability to select the difficulty level (simplified and hardcore modes appeared later), a system of gameplay modifiers, an expanded training mode, as well as additional moves for bosses and skins for the hero .