First place for three weeks in a row Steam sales table occupies role-playing game Baldur’s Gate 3. The pre-order of a new contender for the leadership, Starfield, came close to this, but was almost overtaken by an unexpected competitor.
Over the past week, Baldur’s Gate 3’s online count has declined, but not by much. In the last 24 hours the game has picked up 612 070 Users at the same time (August 15 – 677,919), and on August 20 it was 813,288 (personal record – 875,343).
Unexpectedly, Chinese Cat Food Studio’s shareware “Japanese Mahjong 雀魂麻將” (MahjongSoul), which is only available to Chinese users, unexpectedly took third place. The game of 2020 remains quite high online (peak in 24 hours – 30 054 person, the all-time record is 35,277) and climbs (another) high up the chart after the release of major updates Approved August 16).
Other chart changes:
- FromSoftware’s pre-order action game Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon has been moved from the ninth to the fifth tier (Release – August 25);
- Cyberpunk 2077 returned to the top ten thanks to a 50% discount (the promotion has already ended) and Forza Horizon 5 (valid until the evening of August 31) – they immediately added 20 and 38 positions, respectively (the table also included a new addition to the racing arcade – Italian Exotics Car Pack);
- Best news was Airship Syndicate (Darksiders: Genesis, Ruined King: A League of Legends Story) and Digital Extremes fantasy MMO action game Wayfinder, which appeared in Early Access and debuted with Peak Online in seventh place 24 712 User. However, his reviews are “predominantly negative” (32% based on more than 10,000 reviews): Customers complain about long waiting times when connecting to the server and frequent crashes;
- Sumo Digital and Gun Interactive’s asymmetric multiplayer horror The Texas Chain Saw Massacre got off to a slightly worse start. It peaked at number nine and received “very positive” reviews (84% based on over 4.5k reviews) and a personal best for concurrent players 17 198;
- Tiburon and Electronic Arts’ American football simulator Madden NFL 24 debuted in 11th place and collected 8103 players at the same time. It was received even worse than Wayfinder (31% based on 630 reviews): users complain about the lack of noticeable innovations and a variety of technical problems;
- The fourth most successful (and highest rated) novelty is Team Reptile’s graffiti action Bomb Rush Cyberfunk, the successor to Jet Set Radio. He made it to 12th place in the rankings. 98% (total ratings – more than 3.5 thousand) and top rating online 8174 Player;
- The pirate stealth tactic Shadow Gambit: The Cursed Crew by Mimimi Games (Desperados III, Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun) was also highly appreciated: 96% based on 752 reviews, online personal best – 3930 Human. However, this did not help the game rise above 22nd place;
- Another novelty, the action role-playing game Hammerwatch II by Crackshell and Modus Games, is content with 27th place and a rating 64% (total number of reviews – 884). The game could be tempting 3671 users at the same time;
- Roguelike action BlazBlue Entropy Effect by 91Act (45th), RPG Book of Hours by Weather Factory, creator of Sunless Sea and Cultist Simulator (50th), sci-fi strategy Desynced by Stage Games Inc. (51st), and ship disassembly simulator Ship Graveyard Simulator 2 by Games Incubator (95th). Book of hours with the highest rating (96% based on 928 reviews).
Top 10 by sales for the period from August 15 to August 22 (in brackets – the place in the previous week, if the product was included in the table):
- Baldur’s Gate 3 (1);
- Starfield (3);
- 雀魂麻將(MahjongSoul) (38);
- Call of Duty 4);
- Armored Core VI: Fire of the Rubicon (9);
- steam deck (2);
- Wayfinder (new);
- Cyberpunk 2077 (28);
- The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (new);
- Forza Horizon 5 (48).
Top 10 by revenue including shareware games:
- Baldur’s Gate 3;
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (shareware);
- 雀魂麻將(Mahjong Soul);
- Apex Legends (shareware);
- Call of Duty;
- PUBG: Battlegrounds (shareware);
- Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon
- steam deck;