After three weeks of peak roleplaying, Baldur’s Gate 3 fell to second place on the Steam sales chart. However, Starfield couldn’t take his place – the pre-order space RPG from Bethesda Game Studios dropped a spot to finish third.
FromSoftware’s Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon, an action game about combat robots, took the lead – even surpassing Counter-Strike: Global Offensive in the overall ranking. Novelty attracted at its peak 156 171 users at the same time, breaking the record of all the studio’s Souls games (the best result is Dark Souls 3). 129 975) and has collected more than 19,000 reviews on the site, on the basis of which the rating is made 83%. Critics called it the best part of the series.
What else happened on the chart:
- The second-best new release, Sunkenland (Early Access), a waterworld-style survival sim from Vector3 Studio, started from tenth place in the rankings 70% Based on almost 2,000 reviews and a personal online best 20 609 User;
- RocketWerkz’s survival simulator Icarus returned to the charts (11th line) thanks to the release of the New Frontiers add-on (30th place). Until August 31st at 10:00am PT on the main game discount 33%;
- Arc System Works’ fighting game Guilty Gear Strive climbed to #12 after launch third season and the release of the first additional character from it – Johnny (Johnny);
- The third most successful new release was the action game Saints Row (2022), which released on August 24th on Steam, ending its exclusivity on the Epic Games Store. The game placed 16th and received “mixed” reviews (60% based on 911 reviews) and dressed in lace 4147 User;
- Starting a little lower (18th place) was The Game Kitchen’s dark Metroidvania Blasphemous 2. The sequel received positive reviews 92% Ratings (total ratings – more than 1700) and the best online indicator was 9055 Human;
- After exiting Early Access, shareware trading card game Marvel Snap has updated its own online record (18 967 Human).
Top 10 by sales for the period August 22-29 (in brackets – the position last week if the product was in the table):
- Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon (new);
- Baldur’s Gate 3 (1);
- pre-order Starfield (2);
- steam deck (6);
- Call of Duty 4);
- Forza Horizon 5 (10);
- The Chainsaw Massacre in Texas (9);
- Wayfinder (7);
- Cyberpunk 2077 (8);
- Sunken Land (new).
Top 10 by revenue including shareware games:
- Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (shareware);
- Baldur’s Gate 3;
- Destiny 2 (shareware);
- Apex Legends (shareware);
- steam deck;
- PUBG: Battlegrounds (shareware);
- Call of Duty.