Independent Canadian studio Red Hook told on the roadmap for the further development of his RPG-based strategy game Darkest Dungeon II, which is available in Early Access in the Epic Games Store.
As it became known, on the eve of a full release this year, Darkest Dungeon II will have six major updates (the last one will coincide with the release of version 1.0), the first of which will be released in the middle of the year. February.
The February patch will bring a new location, additional enemy types (spiders, dogs, worms, and more), an improvement in the variability of the roguelike component, artifacts, quirks, and adjustments to skirmishes during the backstory.
The following updates don’t have a Premiere timeline (all will be available before the end of this year), but they have an approximate content:
- second update – region, enemy faction, boss (hiding place), final boss of the second act of five, story content, permanent improvements for heroes;
- the third – a controlled hero, the final boss of the third act, content of the story, new cultists increasing the variability of the valley, the relationship system 2.0;
- fourth – region, enemy faction, boss (hiding place), pets;
- fifth – controlled hero, wandering boss, driving improvements, the final boss of the fourth act, story content;
- sixth (version 1.0) – controlled hero, final boss of the fifth act, content of the story, achievements.
Among other things, the developers continue to adjust the balance (monsters, heroes, skills, items, economy), listen to user feedback, work on the surface, improve the graphics and fix errors.
Red Hook Studios also noted that Darkest Dungeon II’s roadmap may still change. In addition, the above list is not exhaustive and does not include “A lot of work behind the scenes”…
Darkest Dungeon II Early Access kicked off on October 26, 2021. The game is reported to arrive on PC sites outside of the Epic Games Store along with a full release.