Polish studio CD Projekt RED as part of the promised program from the cycle REDstream presented new details, gameplay footage and a trailer for an enhanced version of the fantasy RPG action film The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.
Recall that earlier the developers promised “Dozens of visual and technical improvements”including ray tracing, faster downloads on consoles, multiple built-in mods, and content inspired by the Netflix series.
On PC, the enhanced version of The Witcher 3 features ray-traced global lighting, screen reflections for all surfaces, Ultra+ graphics settings and intelligent scaling (FSR, DLSS).
Improved graphics quality (closer to Ultra) is announced on consoles, support for haptic feedback and adaptive triggers on PS5, as well as two modes of operation:
- Performance – 60 frames/s even on Xbox Series S;
- Quality – 30 fps and dynamic resolution, but with new screen reflections, ray tracing and AMD FSR 2.0 intelligent scaling.
The update will also add a photo mode, a behind-the-shoulder camera (closer to the hero), quick access to characters (on the keyboard and gamepad), the option to hide question marks on the mini-map, and graphics improvements (foliage, grass , clouds, textures , monsters).
At the request of players, the updated version of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will appear:
- the ability to adjust the speed of Geralt’s walking with a stick;
- Ability to switch to running by pressing the stick;
- Adjust subtitle size;
- pause function in intro videos;
- the mode of automatic hiding of the mini-map when walking and exploring the world;
- many quest fixes including “From far Ophir” and a certain “silent smith”;
- full translation into simplified Chinese;
- cross-platform saves.
The promised content, based on the Netflix series, includes a small quest (with new voice acting), themed gear (including the very Nilfgaard armor) for the hero, and other characters (Buttercup in particular).
The full broadcast is attached above. In addition to the main features, the stream will include a demonstration of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Enhanced Edition gameplay clips.
An enhanced version of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will be released on December 14th on PC, PS5, Xbox Series X and S as a free update for owners of the original game. The set will include the Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine story add-ons.
On the eve of the release, CD Projekt RED promised to release a rich list of changes (the developers will deliberately hide some details of the patch) and arrange a surprise for players.