International Olympic Committee (IOC) divided Details of Olympic Esports Series 2023 (OES 2023) – international virtual competitions in sports video games.
OES 2023 starts today, March 1st – professional and amateur players from around the world are invited to participate in qualifying rounds of selected games in nine disciplines.
Competitions within the OES 2023 will be held in matches based on the following sports (the international federation with which the tournaments are organized is indicated in brackets):
- Motorsport – Gran Turismo 7 (International Automobile Federation);
- Baseball – WBSC eBASEBALL: Power Pros (World Baseball and Softball Confederation);
- Cycling – Zwift (International Cycling Union);
- Sailing – Virtual Regatta (International Sailing Federation);
- Archery – Tic Tac Bow (World Archery Federation);
- Dancing – Just Dance 2023 (World DanceSport Federation);
- Tennis – Tennis Clash (International Tennis Federation);
- Taekwondo – Virtual Taekwondo (World Taekwondo Federation);
- Chess – Chess.com (International Chess Federation).
The Olympic Esports Series 2023 will conclude with the “Olympic Esports Week 2023”, which will take place this year from June 22nd to 25th in the multifunctional center Suntec City in Singapore.
Gathered in front of the Singaporean public, cyber athletes will fight “Prestigious Title” Olympic Esports Series 2023 Champion. “An Exciting Ending” will be broadcast on the IOC website and social networks.
“We look forward to seeing the world’s best compete on stage and together learn the possibilities and lessons in health and wellness, learning and innovation.”says David Lappartient of the IOC.
The format chosen for OES 2023 builds on the success of the 2021 Olympic Virtual Series, which attracted more than 250,000 participants from 100 countries.