NVIDIA has released the GeForce Game Ready 511.17 WHQL graphics driver package. It offers support for the new GeForce RTX 3080 graphics card with 12 GB of memory. In addition, the manufacturer has fixed a number of old problems that were observed in previous versions of the graphics driver.
The company said it has fixed the following issues:
- Detroit: Become Human experienced occasional stuttering and freezing of images;
- text flickering and fading when using 12-bit colors;
- The mouse pointer freezes after HDR has been activated in the Windows control panel or G-Sync has been switched in the NVIDIA control panel. Workaround: Click the mouse (right or left click) – the mouse pointer will slow for a few seconds and return to normal operation.
List of known issues:
- Deathloop crashes when playing with Windows HDR enabled; Workaround: Change the Windows HDR settings;
- Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed may crash on tracks where players are driving on water;
- random black screen flickering may occur in multiple monitor configurations;
- after setting the display multiplexer type to dGPU in the NVIDIA control panel, the setting is not saved when restarting or resuming from S4 mode;
- the screen moves to the upper left corner on cold start when the image scaling is applied to the desktop;
- With image scaling enabled, video playback is distorted or freezes after performing an HDR transition in DirectX 11 video applications using NVIDIA Image Scaling.
You can download the new GeForce Game Ready 511.17 WHQL graphics driver package from the NVIDIA official website or through the GeForce Experience app.