Publisher Nintendo as part of the report for the third quarter of the current financial year updated Information on the sales of the most popular and simply best selling games for Nintendo Switch as of December 31, 2021.
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe remains the record holder of the platform – 43.35 million copies. With quarterly earnings exceeding 4.5 million, combined sales of the Wii U and Switch versions surpassed 50 million.
There was only one notable reshuffle at the bottom of the top 10 best-selling Switch games over the past reporting period. Pokemon Diamond and Pearl remake knocked Splatoon 2 out of the rankings:
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 43.35 million copies (up from 38.74 million last quarter)
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons – 37.62 million copies (34.85 million);
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 27.4 million copies (25.71 million);
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 25.8 million copies (24.13 million);
- Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield – 23.9 million copies (22.64 million);
- Super Mario Odyssey – 23.02 million copies (21.95 million);
- Super Mario Party – 17.39 million copies (16.48 million);
- Pokemon: Let’s Go Pikachu! and Pokemon: Let’s Go, Eevee! – 14.33 million copies (13.83 million);
- Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Pokemon Shining Pearl – 13.97 million copies (new);
- Ring Fit Adventure – 13.53 million copies (12.21 million)
Also Nintendo updated Sales dates for other Switch exclusives:
- Luigi’s Mansion 3 – 11.04 million copies;
- Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury – 8.85 million copies;
- Mario Party Superstars – 5.43 million copies (new);
- The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD – 3.85 million copies;
- Metroid Dread – 2.74 million copies (new);
- New Pokemon Snap – 2.36 million copies;
- Mario Golf: Super Rush – 2.26 million copies;
- Miitopia – 1.63 million copies;
- Big Brain Academy: Brain vs. Brain – 1.28 million copies (new);
- WarioWare: Get it together! – 1.24 million copies;
- Game Builder Garage – 1.01 million copies.
A total of 85.41 million copies of games for the Nintendo Switch were sold during the reporting period, for the entire lifecycle of the console 766.41 million. Sales of the hybrid console itself are estimated at 103.54 million systems.