The press service of NVIDIA announced that the DLSS technology, the “increases frame rate while improving image quality in games through a deep neural network”, now support over 150 games. The company has already named some of the games that will have new features thanks to DLSS.
According to the manufacturer of graphics cards, new opportunities thanks “Revolutionary” Rendering technologies obtained with GeForce RTX-based graphics cards:
- Dying Light 2 Stay Human. With DLSS, there’s a two-fold increase in performance, according to the company, and the combination of DLSS and ray tracing for global illumination, sun shadows, reflections, background shading, and street lighting offers a new experience for GeForce RTX computer owners;
- Martha Is Dead (released February 24). Thanks to DLSS, a more realistic experience and smoother frame rates are offered. Ray-tracing shadows and reflections are supported;
- Fantasy Star Online 2 New Genesis. The technology improves performance by up to 45% at maximum graphics and rendering resolutions. GeForce RTX 3060 and higher owners can play in 4K resolution at 60 fps;
- SCP: Pandemic (Release February 22nd). NVIDIA claims a performance increase of up to 90% with DLSS in 4K, the frame rate with any GeForce RTX will exceed 100 fps;
- Shadow Warrior 3 (Release March 1st). DLSS speeds up the calculation of the game’s visual effects;
- Sifu. Up to 45% performance increase, every GeForce RTX user can play at 100 fps in 4K at max settings;
- Supraland six inches below. Up to 65% performance increase with up to 60 fps in 4K on all GeForce RTX GPUs.
NVIDIA has also released the GeForce Game Ready 511.79 WHQL driver with zero-day optimizations for Elden Ring, Destiny 2: The Witch Queen, GRID Legends, and Total War: Warhammer III, as well as other improvements and bug fixes. The package can be installed from the NVIDIA website or via the GeForce Experience app.
As a pleasant surprise, NVIDIA has released limited edition RTX ON keycaps that will not be on sale but will be raffled off, according to the company’s press office. “around the world in winter and spring 2022”. The keycap replaces any standard compatible key size, see GeForce.com for details.