Developers at Polish studio Byte Barrel, together with publisher 1C Entertainment, announced that the retro shooter Forgive Me Father, inspired by the novels of Howard Lovecraft, will leave Early Access on April 7th.
The final version of the project will have additional levels, a second playable character and much more. On the occasion of the announcement of a full-fledged release, the developers of Forgive Me Father released a new trailer. video clip “Plunge headlong into the coming terror and madness that will fill this godforsaken world”.
Key Features of Forgive Me Father:
- deliberately rudimentary elements of the classic “Shooters from the 90s”: slowdown animation, a combination of 2D and 3D elements, first-aid kits, weapons without reloading, bonuses for spectacular fights with numerous opponents;
- unique playstyle: the hero holds the writing in one hand and the weapon in the other;
- a dynamic madness that directly impacts the audiovisual experience and gameplay;
- hand-drawn graphics in the style of graphic novels;
- a variety of locations and monsters, and a colorful, handcrafted world;
- two heroes available for roleplay: a priest or a journalist (each with their own unique development tree).