Intel has released the latest Arc & Iris Graphics 22.214.171.12469 WHQL graphics driver package for Iris Xe integrated GPUs and Arc discrete graphics cards. It adds support for The Outlast Trials, The Lord of the Rings: Gollum, and Starship Troopers: Extermination in Early Access.
Intel points out that the new driver version improves the gaming performance of Arc series graphics cards compared to driver version 126.96.36.19935. The Outlast Trials (DX12) see a performance increase of up to 65% at 1080p on ultra settings and up to 52% performance at 1440p on high settings. The Lord of the Rings: Gollum (DX12) sees performance increases of up to 4% at 1080p and Epic settings and up to 11% at 1440p and High settings. Minecraft Bedrock (DXR) increased performance by up to 30% at 1080p with ray tracing enabled on 8 RT blocks, up to 34% at 1440p with ray tracing enabled on 8 RT blocks, and up to 28% at 1440p with ray tracing enabled 24 RT blocks.
List of fixed issues:
- In Battlefield: 2042 (DX12) there may be color distortions in the game menu.
- Color corruption may occur in the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Quick Play Lobby.
- Launching the Arc Control application to control Arc graphics could conflict with the UAC Windows UAC function.
- On the live performance monitoring page, some performance metrics tiles may not apply the desired removal.
- The Resizable BAR status could show an incorrect value on systems with multiple Intel graphics.
List of Known Issues:
- The Last of Us (DX12) may experience an application crash during gameplay.
- The system may freeze when waking up from sleep mode. You may need to reboot the system to recover.
- GPU hardware acceleration for media playback and encoding may not be available in some versions of Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Topaz Video AI may encounter errors when using some video enhancement models.
- Driver installation may not complete successfully on some laptops with Intel Iris Xe + Iris Xe MAX devices. Successful installation may require a system reboot and graphics driver reinstallation.
- Total War: Warhammer III (DX11) may experience an application crash when loading combat scenarios.
- In Call of Duty Warzone 2.0 (DX12) some light sources like fire may cause some distortion.
- Conqueror’s Blade (DX12) may experience an application crash when launching the game.
- A Plague Tale: Requiem (DX12) may experience application instability during gameplay.
You can download Arc & Iris Graphics 188.8.131.5269 WHQL graphics driver for Windows 11 and Windows 10 operating systems from Intel’s official website.