portal Techraptor noted that due to a leak caused by the Steam Web API, the exact release dates for a number of upcoming games, including fairly large ones, appeared in the Valve services database.
It is worth noting that the data below is for internal use only, is not displayed on the project page and may be both outdated and conditional.
List of the most notable games from the leak:
- stray April 19th;
- Dune Spice Wars 26th of April;
- falling border- May 3rd;
- Bomb Rush Cyberfunk – May 26;
- slime breeder 2 June 1st;
- atomic heart June 22;
- Oxenfree II: Lost Signals June 30th;
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge June 30th;
- Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection— 15th of July;
- Metal Slug Tactics – 30th July;
- Midnight Fight Express 15th of August;
- Sonic Frontiers September 1;
- Test drive Unlimited Solar Crown – 09/22;
- dwarven fortress – 09/30;
- Contempt- October 7th;
- My time at Sandrock 30th of December;
- party animals – 30th of December;
- Warhammer 40,000: Darktide 30th of December;
- Vampires: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 – December 29, 2023;
- Frostpunk 2 January 2, 2024;
- Hollow Knight: Silk Song February 28, 2028.
Some of the dates from the list above clearly act as stubs: on December 29th and 30th, big games are usually not released. There’s also frankly outdated information – Atomic Heart, for example, is expected in September-December, not June.
However, there are plausible dates on the list. For example, July 15 falls on a Friday, a typical release day for big-budget titles like the PC version of Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection.
The furthest away of all in the list is Hollow Knight: Silksong — another six years before that, according to the Steam database. But fans of the series probably don’t have to wait that long: GOG’s mobile version has announced the game for 2022.
This isn’t the first major leak in recent months. In September 2021, thousands of unreleased and even unannounced games were found on GeForce Now servers, some of which have already been confirmed.