With the premiere of the new social network Threads, which is an analogue of Twitter, they were in such a hurry that, apparently, they did not have time to equip the application with basic functions. Even if the user doesn’t like the user experience, they can’t delete the account without deleting Instagram account.*.
However, according to the Instagram boss* Adam Mosseri (Adam Mosseri), leading an active correspondence in the new social network, new features are on the way, especially in demand among users. Judging by the answers, there is already a list of what needs to be added in the near future:
- the ability to edit posts;
- Hashtags (even existing ones become clickable);
- the ability to switch between accounts (multiple account support);
- the ability to only see the posts of those you follow in the “Home” feed;
- the possibility of a more convenient search, including searching for threads;
- Adding a “Trendy” section;
- the advent of a fully functional web version;
- the ability to add GIFs;
- the ability to tag people in photos and videos;
- the ability to pin threads;
- Translation of the content of the application;
- the ability to embed posts from Instagram in threads*.
Mosseri did not give a schedule, so it is not known when any of the features mentioned will appear. It is noteworthy that all these features are present in Twitter.
It was previously reported that Threads will gain support for the ActivityPub protocol, which will allow users to freely interact with other social networks and one day even leave threads with their subscribers if the user so chooses. Also head of Instagram* said that the possibility of automatically archiving posts and other content after 30 days is being considered. True, Mosseri did not say whether such a feature would include accessing archives and restoring their contents. For example on Instagram* There is a manual archiving feature that allows you to restore materials.
Threads users have already suggested other features, such as Instagram linking.* Threaded Reels – so you don’t have to download videos from Instagram anymore* once again. Also, users are advised to organize switching between threads by swiping. Not all proposals were approved, but the head of Instagram was* I participated in a discussion with regular users and probably accommodated some requests.
on Instagram* Make no secret that Threads is very similar to Twitter. When asked by a user about the “similarity” of the two social networks, Mosseri replied verbatim: “To be fair, they were the pioneers of this format and did a good job.”. However, Twitter did not welcome this approach and threatened the developers with a lawsuit.
* It is included in the list of public associations and religious organizations for which the court issued a final decision to liquidate or ban activities on the grounds provided for in Federal Law No. 114-FZ of July 25, 2002 “On Combating Extremists”. has met activity”.