Portal of the game industry shared information on the sale of retail editions of games in the United Kingdom for the period 6-12 November of the current year. The week was marked by a couple of big releases.
The week’s top-selling action-adventure God of War Ragnarok launched in UK retail at a record pace for the series. The launch was the second largest in the current year.
The result achieved allowed God of War to overtake Ragnarok, Elden Ring, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and Pokemon Legends: Arceus, but FIFA 23 lost in first week sales.
A few more God of War Ragnarok stats at UK retail:
- 82% of the copies sold were on PS5, the remaining 18% on PS4;
- 12% of PS5 sales came from the official bundle with the console (representing 60% of all PS5s sold during the period);
- the game brought the PS5 the most successful week of the current year;
- First week sales were 51% higher than God of War (2018);
- in a week, the game has already reached third place in sales (and second in terms of sales) within the entire series.
As for other releases, platformer Sonic Frontiers debuted at fourth place, outperforming Sonic Forces by 5% in first-week sales. The game was most popular on PS5 (40% of copies sold) and Switch (34%).
Also during the period, several projects of smaller caliber debuted: Football Manager 2023 (11th row), PS4 version of Stray (23rd), Tactics Ogre: Reborn (24th) and Cobra Kai 2: Dojos Rising (28th I).
The top 10 UK retail charts from 6th to 12th November are as follows (last week’s result in brackets):
- god of war Ragnarok (new);
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (1);
- FIFA 23 (2);
- Sonic Frontiers (new);
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (3);
- Nintendo Switch Sport (4);
- Horizon Forbidden West (12);
- Splatoon 3 (5);
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons (7);
- Minecraft (8).