In 2021, the Twitter discussion about gaming continued to grow. In a recent report, the company said that over 2.4 billion tweets were related to gaming in the past year, up 14% from 2020. In addition, that number is 10 times higher than in 2017.
There were changes in the top ten countries with the most active players on Twitter: Spain dropped out of the list, Indonesia took seventh place. And the most talked about game was Genshin Impact. Second place – Apex Legends. And the mobile rhythm game Project Sekai: Colorful Stage! with Hatsune Miku debuted in ninth place.
It was also announced that the Campeonato Brasileiro de League of Legends has become the most popular eSports league on Twitter. Her official account (@CBLOL) got even more talked about than the League of Legends World Championship (@LCSOfficial).
Countries that tweeted the most about games:
- UNITED STATES OF AMERICA;
- South Korea;
- Great Britain;
Games that have been tweeted the most:
- Genshin Impact (@GenshinImpact);
- Apex Legends (@PlayApex);
- Ensemble stars! (@ensemble_stars);
- Final Fantasy (@FinalFantasy);
- Fate / Grand Order (@fgoproject);
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons (@animalcrossing);
- Knives Out (@game_knives_out);
- Minecraft (@minecraft);
- Project Sekai (@pj_sekai);
- Fortnite (@fortnitegame).
The most frequently mentioned game activities:
- E3 2021 (@ E3);
- The game prizes (@TheGameAwards);
- Xbox Game Showcase (@Xbox);
- Gamescom 2021 (@Gamescom);
- Summer Game Festival 2021 (@SummerGameFest).