In the Install Base forum attracted attentionthat the publisher of Bandai Namco last quarterly report announced the new achievements of the fantasy open-world action role-playing game Elden Ring from the developers of FromSoftware.
Recall that the total shipments and digital sales of Elden Ring exceeded 12 million copies on March 14 (i.e. 17 days after release), 13.4 million on March 31 (34 days) and June 30 (125 days ) reached ) – 16.6 million
As has been announced, Elden Ring booked another 0.9 million units in its account for the quarter that has passed since the last report (i.e. from July 1st to September 30th). Thus, the total number is 17.5 million copies.
Also install Base users noticedthat the result achieved by Elden Ring is among the top 5 for games published by Japanese publishers (for the first three quarters since publication):
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons – 26.04 million copies (March to September 2020)
- Pokemon Sword and Shield – 18.22 million (from November 2019 to June 2020);
- Elden Ring – 17.5 million (from February to September 2022);
- New Super Mario Bros. Wii – 15.81 million (from November 2009 to June 2010);
- Pokemon Sun & Moon – 15.67 million (from November 2016 to June 2017).
Elden Ring debuted on February 25th on PC (Steam), PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X and S. The game was developed in collaboration with George RR Martin, author of A Song of Ice and Fire.