American publisher and developer Blizzard Entertainment shared information on the next stage of pre-release testing of the upcoming fantasy roleplaying action game Diablo IV.
As has been announced, in the near future on PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X and S, a confidential (participants will sign a non-disclosure agreement) closed “beta” of Diablo IV for characters of the highest level will begin in the near future.
Players who have recently spent a lot of time with endgame content in Diablo II: Resurrected and Diablo III will receive an invite (until November 18th). To increase your chances, you must opt-in to the Blizzard mailing list in your Battle.net profile settings before October 11th.
As for the upcoming closed “beta” content, participants will have access to:
- Hell Rush is a regional event (only on Nightmare difficulty) with buffed enemies. For defeating such monsters, they distribute ashes to open Hellish Onslaught chests with lavish rewards;
- Fields of Hate are special PvP zones where you can collect Hate Seeds. They are processed into Red Dust to buy decorative rewards;
- “Whispers of the Dead” – Whispering Tree quests with experience, gold and sinister gifts (ten of them can be exchanged for something valuable) as a reward;
- Dungeons on Nightmare difficulty – open after finding the first symbol of a Nightmare (each of these seals assigns a special modifier to the dungeon) and contain more powerful symbols;
- Enhancement Charts, a max-level character progression system that Blizzard talked about in their December report;
- cross-network game and progress synchronization for all platforms.
In the upcoming challenges, users will explore the version of the in-game world after the end of the campaign. The developers did not want to reveal details about Lilith’s return to Sanctuary before the release of Diablo IV.
Blizzard Entertainment also mentioned that Diablo IV open testing will begin early next year, and before the end of this year the developers are preparing to share something else.
Diablo IV is expected to be released in 2023 on PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X and S. The game’s release date is expected to be announced at the upcoming The Game Awards 2022 in December, and launch pre-orders will be announced.