The fantasy role-playing game Baldur’s Gate 3 was actually supposed to be a purely digital release, but due to high demand, the developers at the Belgian Larian Studios still decided on a retail edition and did not disappoint the fans.
We remind you, monstrous Baldur’s Gate 3 Collector’s Edition for $250 did not contain a physical copy of the game and publisher Spike Chunsoft promised Release the RPG on disc, but only in Japan and only for PS5.
Announced the day before Retail version of Baldur’s Gate 3: Deluxe Edition It costs $80, is prepared for PC, PS5, Xbox Series X, S, is not limited to a region and includes a disc with the game (even several).
Buyers of Baldur’s Gate 3: Deluxe Edition on PS5 and Xbox can play directly from the disc, but the PC DVD only includes a unique installer (the game itself comes as a Steam code).
The PS5 version of Baldur’s Gate 3 fit on two discs, while the Xbox Series X and S required three. The Deluxe Edition retail range is as follows:
- a copy of the game on physical media (not counting PC);
- exclusive box (200x240x55 mm) in the style of previous games in the series;
- Original soundtrack on three discs;
- double-sided fabric map of the world;
- Mind Flayer Poster (570 x 690mm);
- two patches with the emblems of the Fire Fist and the Absolute Cult;
- 32 stickers with characters, monsters, etc.;
- a series of digital bonuses (items from the Divinity series, a set of songs for the bard, an exclusive color for the cube, supplies for the camp, an art book, a soundtrack, etc.).
fans complainedthat Larian didn’t include any dice with the set, but otherwise we were thrilled with the new edition of Baldur’s Gate 3. “Damn deal for $79.”– counted Chuckers from the ResetEra forum.
Baldur’s Gate 3: Deluxe Edition will be available at retail PC, PS5, Xbox Series X and S in the first quarter of 2024. Pre-orders have already begun and are only available via the Larian Studios website – where additional supplies will also be provided.