As promised, Patch 2.1 for Cyberpunk 2077 and the Phantom Liberty add-on were released on PC and consoles on December 5th. “last big update” for an action role-playing game from CD Projekt RED.
The main innovations of the farewell major update for Cyberpunk 2077 were revealed during the broadcast on December 1st:
- Metro MOST (macrosystem of rapid public transport) with five lines and 19 stations;
- portable radio (radioport) with volume control;
- regular racing competitions – open after the “Queen of the Highways” task;
- five new motorcycles and redesigned bike physics – you can throw knives, bend over, stand on a wheel and do somersaults while riding;
- a Porsche 911 convertible that belonged to Johnny Silverhand;
- more varied chases – for example in vehicle theft operations or when provoking a gang;
- a new highway through Westbrook, Santo Domingo and Haywood;
- Improvements to fights with Yakov Ivanov, Boris Rybakov and Adam Smasher (can now use Sandevistan);
- the ability to invite loved ones to your apartment on dates – this is possible even after the character’s love story ends;
- Accessibility features – their full list available on the games website.
Among other things, the developers:
- stationary binoculars installed at several viewing points;
- Added ability to interact with vendors at some booths and bartenders at various bars;
- Added ability to obtain iconic weapons that were previously only available under certain circumstances;
- gave the created weapon a chance to get up to two modification slots;
- increased probability of finding modifications on enemies;
- The amount of ammunition of all types that can be carried in the equipment has been increased.
- Function of adding vehicles and weapons to favorites implemented (cannot be sold, disassembled or thrown away);
- added new secrets and cats;
- Improved sound and lighting.
Specifically on PC, Ray Tracing: Overload mode has been released from preview status and support for DLSS Ray Reconstruction and the PS5 DualSense controller has been introduced.
You can view a full list of key changes made to Cyberpunk 2077 and Phantom Liberty with the release of Patch 2.1 here on the games website. The list includes bug fixes in quests and the open world, as well as balance adjustments.
Update 2.1 has been released for Cyberpunk 2077 and Phantom Liberty on PC (Steam, GOG, EGS), PS5, Xbox Series X and S. The release of the patch coincides with the retail release of Cyberpunk 2077: Complete Edition.
Content support for Cyberpunk 2077 with the premiere of version 2.1 comes to an end: CD Projekt RED switches to the sequel (codename Orion) and The Witcher 4 (Polaris). Almost half of the entire studio is already working on the new Witcher.