AMD has released a new graphics driver package, Radeon Software Adrenalin 23.9.2 WHQL. It offers support for Lies of P, Party Animals and The Crew Motorfest.
It should be noted immediately that the specified driver (with item number RN-RAD-WIN-23-9-2), which can be downloaded from the official AMD website, is intended only for Radeon RX 7000, RX 6000 and RX 5000 discrete graphics cards and Radeon RX 6000M, RX 5000M, RX 700M and RX 600M series mobile graphics cards. A different driver is provided for graphics cards from the Polaris and Vega series (with the article number RN-RAD-WIN-23-9-2-POLARIS-VEGA), which can also be downloaded from the AMD website.
The description of the new software notes that the Radeon Software Adrenalin 23.9.2 WHQL driver supports the preview version of Microsoft Agility SDK version 1.711.3, including Shader Model 6.8 functionality for GPU Work Graphs (GWG), as well as the official one Version includes Microsoft Agility SDK version 1.610.5, which includes DirectX 12 compatible Enhanced Barriers and Vulkan features.
The new driver adds support for the Anti-Lag+ feature in Starfield, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, Elden Ring and Immortals of Aveum. The Anti-Lag+ feature of the Radeon Software Adrenalin 23.9.2 WHQL driver reduces frame latency by up to 45% in select games on Radeon RX 7900 XTX graphics cards.
The company also explained how to use the new Anti-Lag+ feature. If the delay option is enabled in the driver settings, it will appear in the application overlay when you press the Alt+Shift+L key combinations. After pressing, the Anti-Lag+ indicator appears on the screen in the form of a white triangle and next to it the image delay time in milliseconds or the number of images is displayed. To compare how the Anti-Lag+ and Anti-Lag functions work, you need to press the Delete key on the keyboard (the comparison is turned on and off by pressing Ctrl). To view the frames per second counter when the Anti-Lag and Anti-Lag+ features are enabled, you need to press the Alt+Shift+F combination.
List of fixed issues:
- Baldur’s Gate 3, which uses the Vulkan API, may experience application crashes or driver timeouts on Radeon RX 7900 XTX graphics cards.
- When manually tuning the Radeon RX 7700 XT and RX 7800 XT graphics cards, the GPU frequency could be artificially limited to 2700 MHz;
- Some Samsung displays with FreeSync Premium Pro support could not achieve the correct brightness in certain games when Local Dimming was enabled.
- Smite may cause application crashes or driver timeouts on Radeon RX 7900 XT graphics cards.
- In F1 23, application crashes or driver timeouts may occur when using Radeon RX 7800 XT graphics cards.
List of known issues:
- The Frames Per Second item in the performance metrics overlay may not appear in certain games.
- Desynchronize audio and video when recording with AMD software: Adrenalin Edition with AV1 codec;
- Changing the encoding format when streaming certain games via AMD Link may cause the image to freeze. To work around this issue, users are recommended to pre-select the desired video encoding format before streaming.