AMD has released a new graphics driver package for Radeon Adrenalin 2020 21.10.1, which adds support for the new Windows 11 operating system and several new games, and fixes issues with previous driver versions.
The new driver version received support for the Windows 11 operating system, which was released on October 5, 2021. Also, the new driver version includes several game improvements and support for new games.
The manufacturer notes that Far Cry 6 (released October 7) has up to 10% better performance when playing at 1080p Ultra settings with ray tracing enabled on the Radeon RX 6700 XT graphics card compared to the previous driver version. In addition, up to 12% increased game performance at 4K resolution and medium graphics settings on the Radeon RX 6800 XT graphics card over the previous driver. In Medium game at 1440p with ray tracing enabled on the Radeon RX 6600 XT graphics card, performance has been increased by up to 13% over the previous driver.
In Battlefield 2042 (Open Beta), Naraka: Bladepoint and PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds, the manufacturer has increased performance up to 11% at 4K Ultra settings with DirectX 12 on a Radeon RX 6800 XT graphics card.
AMD also announced what bugs it fixed in the new driver version:
- Playing Horizon Zero Dawn for an extended period of time may cause the driver to time out or crash on some AMD graphics products such as the Radeon RX 6700 XT.
- Driver timeouts may occur when playing a game and streaming video at the same time on some AMD graphics products such as the Radeon RX 500 Series Graphics.
- some users may experience high idle memory clock speeds when two or more monitors are connected to their system;
- Driver timeouts may occur when playing The Medium on some AMD graphics products such as the Radeon RX 6700 XT.
- When the GPU is fully loaded, Radeon Software may incorrectly display power values in excess of the actual GPU power values.
- when playing Wreckfest or Arma 3, the image may be distorted when viewing foliage.
List of known issues:
- The Open Broadcaster Software application can continue to run in the background after the user ends the recording session and closes the application;
- AMD Radeon software may crash or become unresponsive when you play certain DirectX 11 games, such as PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds, with multiple connected displays in extended mode.
- advanced sync may cause a black screen on startup in some games and system configurations. Users who may have problems with Enhanced Sync enabled should disable it.
- Radeon performance metrics and logging features can intermittently report very high and incorrect memory clock speeds.
You can download the new version of the graphics driver Radeon Adrenalin 2020 21.10.1 from AMD official site…