AMD has released a special driver AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 23.40.02.03, which is specifically designed for one game – Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League. The new Radeon software does not have a WHQL signature, which indicates that it has been verified by Microsoft and therefore does not need to be installed.
The new AMD driver is not part of the manufacturer’s main driver program. Radeon graphics card owners can safely skip this if they don’t plan on playing Rocksteady Studios’ cooperative action game Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League. Thus, AMD’s latest significant software release is still Radeon Software Adrenalin 24.1.1 WHQL, which adds support for HYPR-RX technologies, Fluid Motion Frames and the Radeon RX 7600 XT graphics card.
The AMD Software Driver: Adrenalin Edition 23.40.02.03 press release states that the company has fixed an issue with image distortion in Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League when using ray tracing technology.
List of known issues:
- Long loading times in Deathloop when using Radeon RX 6900 XT graphics cards;
- Dead Space application crashes after enabling RTAO on Radeon RX 6800 graphics cards;
- Severe graphics stuttering when first entering a game in Overwatch 2;
- When recording with AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition using the AV1 codec, audio may occasionally lag behind the video;
- The image in Oculus Rift S may appear with a green tint when using Radeon RX 7000 graphics cards.
- The Parsec application may crash after a system reboot when using Radeon RX 7900 XTX graphics cards;
- When using the Ryzen 7 7840U mobile graphics card, the camera in Microsoft Teams occasionally displays video loops.
Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League has hit Early Access, but this event was unsuccessful for the game. An hour after launch, access to the game servers was blocked. The publisher made this decision after some players encountered a bug that resulted in the story campaign already being completed the first time they entered the game. The issue with this bug has already been fixed, but the game was not yet available at the time of publishing this note.
The official release of Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League is expected on February 2nd on PC (Steam, EGS), PS5, Xbox Series X and S. It should be noted that NVIDIA and Intel already released their drivers for this game last week. The AMD driver, in turn, is only intended for Radeon graphics cards on RDNA 1, 2 and 3 architectures.
You can download the AMD software driver: Adrenalin Edition 23.40.02.03 from the official AMD website.