AMD has released a new graphics driver package, Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 23.12.1 WHQL. Added game support The final And Avatar: Borders of Pandora. However, the key features of AMD’s latest software are a redesign of the user interface, as well as the return of AMD HAGS technology, which helps the Windows task scheduler manage the load on the graphics card more efficiently.
The most noticeable changes to the UI design affect the Home and Gaming tabs. The first introduced icons of the most recently released games and the ability to activate HYPR-RX profiles for each individual game. The Gaming tab now provides details on specific settings in each HYPR-RX profile. The company has also added new settings for displaying performance metrics. For them, you can customize the background and text colors, choose one of the ready-made settings profiles, and set the overlay to activate only when the game starts.
Settings for a power-saving GPU operating mode called HYPR-RX Eco have also been added to the driver. This feature is initially only available to owners of Radeon RX 7000 series graphics cards.
Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 23.12.1 WHQL Driver expands support for FRTC, Radeon Super Resolutuion, overlay, recording and streaming features for OpenGL-enabled games.
Finally, support for Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling (HAGS) technology, which was missing from AMD software in 2020, has returned to the new driver. This feature is intended to improve the performance of Windows Task Scheduler to more effectively manage the load on the graphics card.
List of fixed issues:
- Fixed issues with excessive GPU power consumption in standby mode when using two monitors with different resolutions;
- Fixed occasional stuttering when working with Chromium-based browsers on systems using Radeon RX 7000 graphics cards in conjunction with additional displays connected to a Ryzen 7000 series processor;
- Fixed a bug with incorrect display of the starry sky in the game Crysis Remastered;
- Fixed an issue with invisible textures in Final Fantasy X/HD Remaster when playing on Radeon RX 7000 graphics cards;
- Fixed graphical errors in EA Sports WRC;
- Fixed stuttering in Overwatch 2 on Radeon RX 6900 XT graphics cards.
List of known issues:
- periodic desynchronization of video and audio when using the video recording function in AV1 format with AMD software: Adrenalin Edition;
- periodic appearance of a gray screen after updating the driver on certain monitor models (e.g. Nixeus NX-EDG274K) when using Radeon RX 7000 graphics cards;
- Some light DirectML workloads may experience performance degradation.
- The performance metrics overlay may report “N/A” instead of frame rate in various games.
- Periodic flickering of some textures in the game Thunder of war when using the 4x SAAA anti-aliasing feature on Radeon RX 7900 XTX graphics cards.
You can download Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 23.12.1 WHQL driver from the official AMD website.