As promised, after a short delay, the third major patch for the fantasy role-playing game Baldur’s Gate 3 from the Belgian developer Larian Studios has finally been released.
The makers of Baldur’s Gate 3 weren’t lying when they said there would be an update. “strong”: in the full changelog (available on Games website) there are more than one and a half thousand points.
The two main innovations in the third patch were support for macOS (M1 Pro processor and FSR are recommended for high settings) and a magic mirror in the warehouse that allows you to change your appearance (but not race or body type).
The patch also includes performance improvements in the lower city (even in crowded conditions) and numerous optimizations (also for the PS5 version). The developers promise not to give up.
Among other things, the authors fixed a number of bugs in all important aspects of the game and adjusted the balance. Other notable changes:
- It will take more approval from Shadowheart to force her to admit that she adores Shar;
- revised the interaction between Nere and Mintara;
- The option to increase the level does not have to be selected for each character individually – the game itself switches from one hero to another;
- Reading store signs is no longer a crime;
- Summoned zombies and skeletons cannot disappear with collected loot.
- In the network settings there is now the option to automatically listen to a dialogue started by a co-op partner;
- Added missing squeaking sounds for Boo the hamster.
Larian assured that they are still working on future updates (FSR 2 support in the game is not yet implemented), the promised expansion of the epilogues and processing user feedback.
Baldur’s Gate 3 is already available on PC (Steam, GOG) and PS5 and will be released at the end of November on Xbox Series X and S (without local co-op mode in the case of Xbox Series S). In the future, the studio wants to lower the game’s minimum system requirements.