NVIDIA company saidwhich games will soon receive support for DLSS 2 and DLSS 3 image scaling technologies, which are designed to improve performance with minimal loss of image quality.
In December, DLSS 3 support will be offered by:
- NFS Unbound (the game was released with DLSS 3 support);
- Warhammer 40,000 Darktide (the game was released with support for DLSS 3 and ray tracing);
- Portal with RTX (released December 8th with DLSS 3 support and full ray tracing support;
- Jurassic World Evolution 2 (update with DLSS 3 will be released on December 8th);
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (free update with DLSS 3 and ray tracing coming December 14th).
Also in December, four games now add support for DLSS 2:
- Firefighting Simulator (released with DLSS 2 support);
- Marvel’s Midnight Suns (released December 2 with support for DLSS 2 and ray tracing);
- Choo-Choo Charles (released December 9 with DLSS 2 support);
- Blacktail (released December 15 with DLSS 2 support).
According to NVIDIA, more than 250 published games and applications have already received support for DLSS image scaling technology. You can see their full list on the NVIDIA website. It’s also worth noting that since the release of DLSS 3 technology, 14 games have received its support. The Super Resolution technology included in DLSS 2 and DLSS 3 boosts gaming performance by up to 2x, according to the company.
DLSS 3 technology alone can increase gaming performance by 4x. DLSS 3-enabled games are backwards compatible with DLSS 2. DLSS 3 is only supported by the latest GeForce RTX 40-series graphics cards because it uses a new Optical Multi Frame Generation scaling method that generates not just pixels, but entirely new frames . Ensuring that the most significant performance gain.