Anton Aivazov, Product Manager at First ORD (ORD): “A year ago we started testing our first version of the software, connecting API partners and debugging interfaces. We want to share our perspective on the retrospective: how the market has changed, how it has been perceived and share our opinion on the future.”
- How the market behaved – For some, it was the Kübler-Ross model, others immediately began active work with the ORD, began labeling and integration. Today we find that around 70% of our customers submit complete data about advertising, including distribution by creative and website.
- technical requirements to the ORD by the ERIR (United Register for Online Advertising), changed almost weekly. It was necessary to both literally overhaul the architecture of the ORD and invest in customers to support new API releases.
- Fewer gray areas. The technical aspects of tagging complex creatives, such as DCOs (Feed-based Dynamic Creatives) are almost completely solved and in the direction of programmatic shopping advertising, ERIR has taken the initiative to automate the submission of missing data by market participants. Thus, the question of the “convergence” of the advertising chains in the ERIR office is already at the level of an organizational question.
- Big advertisers responded to the law with full responsibility. For example, one of the big banks carefully analyzes its own advertising purchases in ERIR and requires counterparties who did not have time to submit data so that the advertising chain “converges” and has no breaks.
- About monetization. Since the advertising market is very fragmented, each of the RDOs has its own goals and metrics. Most ecosystem participants look at the inside of the ecosystem from the ORD side, which means they are not interested in the external market as that is not the product that affects profits. Therefore, when selecting a supplier, independent websites, agencies and advertising platforms should evaluate ORD not only in terms of pricing, but also in the long term: the ability of the product and the team to solve/customize the tasks involved, business, customer-oriented technical support .
- New ERIR/ORD law and toolkit bring unexpected benefits to market. For example, it is now possible to determine the legitimacy of the received token when there are doubts about the reliability of the source of the promotional material. ERIR also plans to develop a similar service centrally. This increases the transparency and controllability of the advertising placement process, and the market tends to whitewash it.
In general, it can already be stated that the advertising market has clearly adopted the new realities of labeling and reporting. The ERIR product, and consequently the ORD products, are dynamically evolving to better adapt to market technology, the variety of advertising formats and the way counterparties interact.
We assume that by the end of this year small and medium-sized organizations will join the ORD services, which by this time have studied the methods of operator work, “tried on” voiced billing for their company and also looked at newly emerging ones usage practices. Large advertisers have a positive impact on their partners and advertising agencies, controlling the purity and transparency of the entire advertising chain.
Advertising. PJSC VimpelCom, more details on the website beeline.ru